Monday 22 July 2013

Hidden Treasures

Hi guys! Sorry for being MIA the past week. I've just been enjoying my free time before my summer class resumes (which is this Thursday :'( boo, I'm so bummed out). Anyway I want to show you 2 of my all-time favorite books that I love.


The Honest Life by Jessica Alba and Treasure Yourself by Miranda Kerr

I've had Treasure Yourself for several years now, since it first came out back in 2010. I ordered it through Miranda Kerr's organic skin and body care line Kora Organics website because I wanted to try her skincare products as well (which I will be dedicating a whole blog post towards in the near future so watch out for that ;)). Treasure Yourself is a self-improvement book written by one of my role model, Miranda Kerr, filled with fun and personal stories and advice. The second half of the book finishes off with many positive affirmations. Treasure Yourself became my bible and it is because of this book that lead me to live a positive life. I currently have 2 copies. One is here with me in Canada and one is back home in Thailand, where my family can enjoy it as well. I love this book so much. Not only because it is a light, beautiful and fun book to read, it will also change your life. I cannot wait for Miranda to write another book. I will be first in line to pick it up!


Positive Affirmation

The Honest Life: Living Naturally and True to You is a lifestyle book written by Jessica Alba. It is a collection of tips and tricks on how to create a happy and healthy lifestyle and covers everything from healthy food recipe in under 20 minutes, to what non-toxic and safe household products to use, some organizational tips to great beauty how-tos. 

This book is mainly geared towards families with kids but since it's just my boyfriend, my puppy, and I at the moment, this book is an amazing read to educate and prepare me for the future (when the time comes for us to have our own children :)). But kids or not, The Honest Life contains heaps of useful information I now utilize in my everyday life. The Honest Beauty section is my favorite :) (forever a beauty lover!). Living a positive lifestyle is good, but that combined with a healthy lifestyle is great!


 Beauty Tips

I highly recommend both of these books. If you like self-improvement books like I do, these two are on top of my list! So swing by your local bookstore and give these books a peek. I guarantee you won't regret it!

from Film with love

xx

No comments:

Post a Comment