Wednesday 22 January 2014

First haul of the year!


Hello beauties! I have a haul for you today on something (or should I say some things ...) I've had my eyes on for a while now. As you can see from the picture above, they are the infamous Benefit's Rockateur blush and Dior's Diorskin Shimmer Star in Amber Diamond.

I finally bit the bullet and spent a whopping C$45 for the highlighter(*cringe* I know, but I've been eyeing it foreverrrrr) because I've heard soooo manyyyy amazing things about it and ever since a couple of months ago I've started to become very obsessed with highlighting my face (a la Kim Kardashian's cheekbones and such). I've also decided to hop on the rose gold bandwagon, hence the beautiful slightly shimmery Benefit blush.







This is my first Dior product and Benefit blush box. I bought these babies just a couple of weeks ago and I am unashamed to say they are quickly becoming my favourite product because I've been reaching for them every single time I go out. These products make my skin look so healthy and I seemed to be "glowing" (stranger's words, not mine).








I noticed that The Rockateur blush has a very light scent. Since I'm really bad at describing scents, I can't tell you what it smells like. But it smells good. That's all I can say. It's not too strong, but it is strong enough for me to notice it every time I sweep it across my cheeks. I think this rose gold hue is perfect for this time of year (winter). It complements most of our (I'm assuming everyone is at their palest this time of year) paler skin tone so well, as I find it gives me that "flushed from being outside in the snow" look (lol). I love its slight shimmer as well. Just perfect!

Dior's Amber Diamond is an ivory/champagne/tan/bronze/peach highlighter. It feel (and look!) so luxurious. I read somewhere that you can totally use this powder all over your face with a light hand but I have yet to try so. So far, I've only been using it to highlight my cheeks, my cupid's bow, and you know .. all that jazz. I went to the MAC counter the other day and the makeup artists there stopped me and asked what I was using for highlighting my face. I told them it was the Amber Diamond so then they walk across their counter over to the Dior section and they each purchase one right then and there! Hahaha! It is my most favourite highlighting product I've ever own (my former love is the MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish in Soft and Gentle). But the Amber Diamond now has my heart. I love it so much I want to go out and buy it's sister - the Rose Diamond (pearl/pink/mauve/soft plum/pink) but I'm afraid because of it's cringe-worthy price tag, my dream would have to wait.

Until next time ..

from Film with love,
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment