Tuesday 6 May 2014

May Haul: Sephora, Victoria's Secret, Drugstore

Happy May, guys! Where did the time go? Today, I have for you yet a new haul (surprise, surprise). Of course I went to Sephora (once a month trip is a must) and this time I also stopped by Victoria's Secret and luckily, all their makeup items are 30% off, so I decided to pick up something that I've been wanting to try. I made a quick trip to a drugstore and pick up a few goodies as well. So here you are, hope you enjoy :)



My first stop is at Sephora because I have heard sooooooo manyyyyy good things about Bumble and Bumble Prêt-à-Powder and I had to try it out for myself. It is an all-in-one dry shampoo, style extender, and volumnizer. Having super long and thick and heavy hair, other volumizer doesn't really work well with me. It's super difficult for me to tease my hair and have that volume stay at its place despite strong hold hair sprays, so I have high hopes for this product as it is in a powder form. For some reason I think powder volumizer/dry shampoo will work better than liquid form (in sprays, etc.) so we'll see how this goes. I'll let you know what I think!

Next, I have been dyingggg to try the Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick. I am obsessed with purple lipstick (hello, Revlon ColorBurst Matte Balm in Shameless - my go-to, favourite purple), so I picked up the shade Melted Violet. It is such a beautiful colour, and I wanted to pick up Melted Coral, which is a gorgeous coral colour, but I figure I'd wait for summer so I just have the Melted Violet for now.



If you've read my previous post, you'd already know that Buxom Full-On Lip Cream in White Russian is on the top of my wish list. This time finally, I decided to get it. It is that perfect go-to everyday nude pink lipgloss that can be worn over any shades of nude lipsticks. I love the colour, I love the scent (which is that typical dough-y, lip plumping gloss scent, if you know what I mean. It's quite similar to MAC's plush glasses). I understand why this product is so popular in the beauty world. It is a no-brainer shade and easy to throw in your everyday makeup bag.


Here's a (tiny bit blurry - sorry!) swatch picture for Buxom's White Russian and Too Faced's Melted Violet. 


As I've mentioned, at Victoria's Secret, they had 30% off all makeup items. I picked up VS PRO Magic FX Radiant Flash Brightening Cream. It is very similar to Benefit High Beam, which I do not own. But I'm excited to try it out as a highlighter.


At the drugstore I picked up 2 EOS lip balms in Honeysuckle Honeydew (green) and Blueberry Acai (blue). I ran out of my Strawberry Sorbet (pink) and Sweet Mint (mint) ones at home so I picked up these 2 as I've never tried these flavours before (plus, my boyfriend loves them so I'll be giving him one).


And thanks to Nicole Guerriero, I picked up the new L'oreal Colour Riche Lipstick in Everbloom she wore in her recent video. It is a gorgeous coral shade, perfect for spring (even though it's not quite spring yet where I live. I'm still wearing my winter jackets). I also picked up a NYX lipgloss in Sorbet. Again, another pink nude (hahaha I have a problem... but you can never have too many pinky nudes in my opinion ;))



I also picked up some NYX Butter Glosses but that will be in the next post so keep a look out for that ;) until next time,

from Film with love
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment